Judge Andrew Napolitano has been temporarily cut off by Fox News for some controversial remarks he made on the Obama administration surveillance of President Donald Trump. Well, we are pleased to announce that HE’S BACK!
The initial controversy- Judge Napolitano said:
“Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command. He didn’t use the NSA, he didn’t use the CIA, he didn’t use the FBI, and he didn’t use the Department of Justice.”
Instead, Napolitano said, Obama used GCHQ, a British intelligence and security organization that has 24-7 access to the NSA database.
“There’s no American fingerprints on this,” Napolitano said. “What happened to the guy who ordered this? Resigned three days after Donald Trump was inaugurated.”
British leaders were ticked off.
“Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored,” the UK Government Communications Headquarters said in a statement.
And so FOX yanked the judge.
But he has returned and appeared on America’s Newsroom.
Fox’s Bill Hemmer brought up the report that got Napolitano in hot water.
“Do you still stand by that?” Hemmer asked.
“Yes I do, and the sources stand by it and the American public needs to know more about this rather than less because a lot of the government surveillance authorities will expire in the fall,” Napolitano replied.
“There will be a great debate about how much authority we want the government to have to surveil us and the more the American public knows about this the more informed their and Congress’ decisions will be,” he said.
Napolitano didn’t elaborate further but he did indicate that more details will emerge saying, “I think a lot more is going to come.”
Twitter blew up in support of Judge Nap!
⚡️JUDGE NAPOLITANO⚡️just reappeared on FOX and doubled down on his claim that Trump was tapped via foreign Intel help. pic.twitter.com/JfYhxh2LNj
— ZOLA™ for TRUMP!?? (@InTheYear1611) March 29, 2017
— Nanas_Rant (@NANAS_RANT) March 29, 2017
— dogcicle (@dogcicle) March 29, 2017
@dogcicle Equally important-Napolitano stands behind what he said about Trump being surveilled & how he was surveilled!FBI/Obamas dirty!!!
— jebby (@janconcern) March 29, 2017
Judge Napolitano is back and he is standing by his story. I completely believe him, this is going to be big.
— Bill Powers (@BillPowers9) March 29, 2017
Western Journalism reports that Napolitano’s initial comments made waves in part because they were cited by the White House to buttress Trump’s position that Obama had Trump Tower under surveillance.
“Judge Andrew Napolitano made the following statement, quote, ‘Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command,’” White House spokesman Sean Spicer said during a daily press briefing last week.
Trump also had made reference to Napolitano’s comments.
“All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television,” Trump said.