Canyon Mansfield, 14, was walking with his family’s dog when he noticed a pipe sticking out of the ground. As soon as he touched the pipe, it released a deadly poison.

“I see this little pipe that looked like a sprinkler sticking out of the ground,” Mansfield told the newspaper. “I go over and touch it. Then it makes a pop sound and it spews orange gas everywhere.”

What Mansfield touched was actually a device called an M-44, a cyanide distribution method the government uses in humanity’s endless battle with nature’s dangers.

While Mansfield was able to get the substance off of himself quickly, his dog wasn’t so lucky. The yellow Labrador ended up dying from the poison because no one knew what it was right away.

WITI reported that the family was never notified that M-44 bombs has been placed near their property — something that goes far beyond the government being clueless. This had the potential to kill people.

Share this on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think of these devices.

H/T TheBlaze

Comments

comments